Service Specification and PGD’s
Service Specification and PGD
As you may have already seen, the service specification and PGD for the 2020/2021 pharmacy advanced service for flu vaccination has now been published. The service commenced on 1 September 2020 following on from the published directions.
The service specification and PGD can be found by clicking the link below.
The amendment of the Secretary of State Directions has now been published and a copy can be found on the NHSBSA website along with the service specification and the PGD. The website also has details on how to make a claim. The link to the NHSBSA website is below.
Changes to the service
There are a number of changes to the service so please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the service specification and PGD these include the removal of the requirement to register in advance of providing the service, inclusion of additional patient cohorts, and changes to off-site flu vaccinations. See here for the PSNC briefing which has more information on the changes.
There is lots of information regarding the service on the PSNC website. Please click on the link below.
NHS England has made available from the 1 September 2018 an IT platform to enable patient questionnaires from the flu service to be completed electronically either by the patient themselves or with the help from the pharmacy team. Contractors are reminded that it is a requirement of the service to ask all patients who have a flu vaccination to complete the patient questionnaire.
The link to the patient questionnaire is below.
The Pharmacy Toolkit
This site is for pharmacists input data online and download any documents to support this process. The pharmacy toolkit doesn’t require a log on to access and use it to enter the site you need to use the pharmacy “F” code and a valid email address a unique one-time-only link will be emailed to the pharmacy that allows access to the toolkit. After gaining entry the pharmacy toolkit provides access to;
• The online form for pharmacists to complete the questionnaire directly
• High level analytics of all responses for their pharmacy
• Detailed breakdown of responses to the questionnaires for their pharmacy but without access to each individual response.
• Downloadable / printable copy of the questionnaire
• Downloadable / printable unique compliment slips for the pharmacy to give to their patients which directs them to the online form
• Online help and guidance with access to a support email address should they require it.
The link to the pharmacy toolkit is below.
Help Area (Pharmacists, local teams)
• Pharmacies can download the help guide and access the pharmacy toolkit.
We have made arrangements for pharmacies in Wessex to use PharmOutcomes to support the delivery of the flu vaccination service again this year.
This will provide:
An electronic record of service delivery that will be retained in line with NHS Guidelines data retention policy. This prevents the pharmacy having to store paper records securely for the defined period.
· Automatic generation of GP notification that in most instances will automatically send as data is saved. For those notifications that need to be sent manually (no GP secure email address provided) a prepopulated notification can be printed in the required format using data recorded as part of service delivery.
· Automatic production of the BSA return containing all required information for submission to NHS Prescription Services. This document can be printed from the claims screen to submit with monthly prescription bundle removing the need for manual completion.
· Automatic completion of NHS England service audit enables accurate assessment of pharmacy uptake and reconciliation of GP notifications
If you are already using PharmOutcomes you will be able to access the flu service from your services tab using your current login and password. There are some useful service guides available from the “Help” tab to talk you through login and data entry.
If you do not remember your PharmOutcomes login details, or are new to the system then please use the information here to gain immediate access. If you have any problems accessing the system or have questions about how to use it, please contact the dedicated support service via the Help tab at www.pharmoutcomes.org
Once logged in, go to your services tab. You will see the seasonal influenza vaccination service link in the left hand side bar under the orange heading “Provide Services”. When you have opened the service question set, you will also find a link to the service guide in the left hand side bar. Please read this carefully prior to commencement of service delivery.